Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Fine Night For Dying, Again

7th September, '09

A fine night for dying,
again.

Spinning in speckled spools of time,
a blur, a flash, a searing flame,
closer closer closer closer,
until the cobwebs all melt away.
Drops of memory,
spilling onto the ground,
a bottomless pool of pain,
the soundless screech of loss.

Feet bumbling towards forgotten places,
arms all awry in a corpse-like gait;
the walk towards that cold dark spot begins,
again.
In the corner of my sightless eyes,
a vision explodes into life.
A creature mirthful and young,
drinking from the waters of the forests of old,
flying with the eagles of the forever skies,
seeping into my pores, filling me with the new.

The tree people come visiting my door again.
a lights shines into the cold, wet cave.
A fine night for dying, again,
a fine night for soaring the skies.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amulya,

    Very different to your first poem but I enjoyed it's rich imagery just as much. Also liked the alliteration in "Spinning in speckled spools of time".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the line "drops of memory / spilling onto the ground"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amulya:

    Again, enjoyed the read. Very different from your first poem -- again, packed with some wonderful tangibles and visuals. My favourite line here:

    "Spinning in speckled spools of time".

    Sorry. I'm a sucker for alliteration.

    Thank you for sharing.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ironic and mysterious title; it befits the spirituality and expansiveness of the poem's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using that repetition at the end is very effective. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the corner of my sightless eyes,
    a vision explodes into life.
    A creature mirthful and young,
    drinking from the waters of the forests of old,


    I love these contrasts. sightless eyes/ vision. young creature/ old forests. The poem is richer for these pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Derrick
    @Raven's Wing Poetry- Thank you. I love alliterations myself :)

    @malleryk
    @Paul Oakley
    @Nathan
    @davidmoolten- Thank you all for the observations and encouragement. Keeps me going :)

    ReplyDelete