Friday, April 10, 2009

Confessions of a Modern Woman

9th April, '09

The taste of new smells and sounds,
the sight of new odours,
can't wait to get on my wagon again,
before I'm a minute older.
The feel of the wind on my face,
as I roll down my glass window,
the bumps and the jumps on the road,
the ever-changing show.
Home is moving with me,
a destination transient,
It's a super life to live,
an adventure, in any event.

Yet I have my roots intact,
every place I go,
to be a daughter, a wife, a mother,
if that's all I ever know.
To live within these walls,
and yet find my innermost peace,
to discover in routine
both wisdom and release.

To see and to experience,
the world with its every wonder,
and yet create my own home,
two dreams so very asunder.
Everyday I balance,
everyday is new,
women who afford both,
are fortunate and few.

2 comments:

  1. i love this piece. 'roots intact every place i go' a balance of yin/yang..i seek to be the fortunate few :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks di :D I kinda knew you would like this one... ha..ha.. :D Birds of the same feather, I guess.

    ReplyDelete