Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seeking

15th April, '09

I try to clear the cobwebs,
on that which is called integrity.
I try to gauge the depth of the waters,
of the sparkling pools of my innermost truths.
But both prove to be rather delusive.

Where will I find them, I wonder?

Will I find them in the tranquility,
that sometimes creeps into my blanket with me,
and in whose company,
I drift into the softness of a dream-like state?
Or, is that just the tiresomeness,
of another routine day?

Will I find them in the warmth that traverses,
through my entire being,
when I have casually tossed a few gestures of kindness,
in no direction in particular,
and been granted with a grateful smile in return?
Or, is that just me drowning in my self-indulgence?

Will I find them in my those flashes,
which dance to the beat of my conscience,
ignoring the murky yet sweet-scented pathways,
promising me a little more than a moment's gratification?
Or, is that just my reckless being?

No comments:

Post a Comment