Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Truth

11th April, '09

I don't believe in the truth,
the truth is not true any more,
the truth, it changes every day,
the truth is what is leaving me sore.
Life is not what it seems to be,
the beginning and the end in the middle,
I seem to be the heroine of the story,
dancing to some unknown fiddle.
They said I would find my truth some day,
they said that it would come my way,
but I see a delusive reality,
a dream floating further away from me.

What is the truth, I ask myself?
Is it just what I feel,
what I know, what I see,
but that's like a movie reel.
What is the truth, I ponder?
something changing every day,
something going its own way,
even though in its path I lay.

Each day is something new,
yet some truths are forever,
some truths change never,
but those of course, are the very few.
My life has become a jigsaw puzzle,
of some truths old and some truths new,
I sift and clear through my baggage old,
and in the process new truths unfold,
And such is life, I think to myself,
throw out the old to clear the shelf,
and the new truths will emerge on their very own,
and of them my new self is borne.

No comments:

Post a Comment