Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Encounter

13th April, '09

The day was crashing down on me,
and purpose was melting away,
frustration was clawing at my skin,
and my wits were all astray.

An old woman with chattering teeth,
walked into my path,
she hobbled to a mysterious beat,
that calmed my inner wrath.

Her eyes shone with orange fires,
her hair was the frozen streams,
her necklace was made of countless charms,
pebbles, dew, and moon beams.

She wore a garment made of the sky,
and her slippers embraced the earth,
she smiled a smile beginning in her eyes,
and my soul filled with mirth.

''Who are you?'', I asked,
my curiosity unrestrained,
and she took my hand in both of hers,
and suddenly began a monstrous rain.

We stood a soaking pair of strangers,
hands clasped in the heavy downpour,
and as she began to speak her truth,
the lightning danced and the thunder roared.

''I am you and you are me,
together through eternity.
I am the wind that rocks your boat,
I am the waves that make you float,
I am the Sun, shining in your eyes,
and I am your soul, when lifeless you lie.
I am the yesterdays stretching beyond your own,
I am the tomorrows for you children to atone.
I am the dream, the hope, the love,
I am the falcon and also the dove.
I was there before you, and will remain after,
yet my being contains your tears and laughter.
My wounds are your wounds, ten billion times more,
You shape my existence, and I define your core.
I am all of time, the universe, the skies,
and you are, the twinkle in my eyes.''


The skies had stopped their jaunty uproar,
a murmur lay where there had been a din,
puddles of water showing pieces of the world,
rain-drenched breezes, tingling my skin.

A calm had descended on my entire being,
when I snapped out of a strange reverie,
I turned around to see a hobbling blur,
and I suddenly felt strangely free.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! "her necklace was made of countless charms,pebbles, dew, and moon beams." love the flower childs attire too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks di!! Ha..ha.. this poem is inspired by a semi-dream state... or at least that's what I think it was ;)

    ReplyDelete